Table of content
Top 12 WordPress Review Plugins to add Social Proof to your Site
If you run an eCommerce website to sell your products or digital products like courses, services, eBooks, and others, showcasing product online reviews can influence customers' decisions to purchase.
Online shopping is becoming increasingly popular daily, and more people are considering purchasing from authorized websites. In fact, 90% of customers read reviews before purchasing the product, and 88% trust personalized reviews.
That's where product online reviews become a key part of any online store to boost traffic and increase sales. Posting product reviews on your Wordpress website can make it more appealing and SEO-friendly.
Plenty of review plugins exists to explore, and choosing one can be tricky. In this article, we will explore the 12 Best Wordpress review plugins, so you can choose the one that offers you the best features for your site.
Why should you use WordPress review plugins on your WordPress site?
When people want to buy something online, irrespective of platforms, they are more likely to check the product review before finalizing the purchase. The thing is, 80% of customers read reviews to evaluate the product before making the transaction, so they make the right choice.
Showcasing the review is extremely crucial for any business to make sales. The advantage is it brings more visitors who can help to make a better decision to buy the right product. It also helps you to make more sales by showing positive reviews about the product from the previous customer.
But what about the review plugin? Why add it?
The review plugin for your Wordpress website makes it easier to collect feedback and display them to enhance your website or product. In addition, the plugin also helps you to improve your ranking on search result pages through schema markup.
Here are some benefits of using the Wordpress review plugin-
- Improves credibility and transparency,
- Enhance SEO,
- Build a long-term relationship with customers,
- Improves sales and a free form of advertising.
What To Look for in the Plugin Reviews?
Every plugin has different functionality, but not every plugin is best for your wordpress site. You need to look for the features and some basic features that every plugin review must have, including-
- Easy-to-configure settings,
- Ability to customize review forms,
- Ability to collect user feedback,
- Ability to add ratings and reviews of products or services,
- Option to display reviews in widgets, pages, and posts,
- Ability to moderate reviews,
- A sorting feature to see negative or positive reviews,
- Option to aggregate reviews from places like Google, Yelp, and more.
- A rating system, such as stars or thumbs up/down,
- Options to upload photos and videos.
The 12 Best WordPress Review plugins
With hundreds of Wordpress review plugins out there that focus on different features to support your business. We have compiled a list of the 12 best wordpress review plugins to make your work easier.
WiserNotify is a popular Social proof and FOMO notifications plugin to increase sales & trust. The plugin adds social proof notifications on every website page and influences visitors to purchase.
It provides social proof notifications like recent activities, YouTube stats, reviews, viewed count, live visitors, and conversion count. It helps you to turn reviews into social proof with easy installation.
It allows customer reviews from platforms like Google, Facebook, Capterra, and more. You can embed reviews and ratings on your wordpress site with a single line of code. You can easily customize the 50+ design templates to match your brand.
- Add reviews in different styles,
- Create review notifications about product or service. Also show recent sales, live visitors & other social proof and FOMO notifications
- Set notification display time,
- Test multiple variants with A/B testing,
- Integrate seamlessly with 200+ business tools,
- Notification on multiple websites or choose a specific page to display,
- Get weekly reports in your email.
Price: Free version
2. WP Review Pro
WP Review Pro is an all-rounder and a popular wordpress review plugin you can install. The plugin offers a variety of options to customize at every step of the way.
WP review pro plugin supports 19 types of rich snippets: article-rich, book-rich, game-rich, movie-rich, music-rich, painting-rich, place-rich, and more. You can select the preferred snippet in a few clicks.
WP review pro also has 16 predesigned templates that can be customized and add other elements like color, background, and more. It is compatible with any Wordpress theme, making installing and reviewing the products easier.
WP review pro version allows embedding reviews from platforms like Google, Yelp, and Facebook reviews. WP review pro can also add a comparison table to compare the features of multiple products. In addition, you can add custom images for ratings and add text along with star ratings. You can also add popups and notifications to get more clicks on reviews.
WP review pro allows different rating options, like star, percentage, point, circle, and thumbs. The customers can even mark helpful/unhelpful buttons for comment reviews.
- 45+ animation effects for popups,
- Compatible with Wordpress multisite and WooCommerce,
- Supports 19 rich snippets and 16 unique templates,
- Import ratings from different platforms and plugins,
- 10 Customer widgets included,
- Choose from 600+ custom icon support,
- Add comparison tables to help visitors make decisions,
- Add Facebook reviews, Google, and Yelp.
- 24*7 Premium customer support.
3. WP Customer Reviews
The feature that makes this plugin stand out is its ability to tell search engines whether the reviews on your website page are written by customers or their own. It shows the respective schema microformat to Google and other search engines.
WP customer reviews plugin is multisite and multiuser compatible, and you have the freedom to change the design of the review. The plugin allows you to set up a simple form that allows users to submit reviews on the front end of your site. It's lightweight and supports custom themes too.
The plugin allows you to moderate the submitted reviews, which gives you control over choosing which review to be shown. The fields in the review form are completely customizable, including fields to ask for, like email, name, or any other information, along with the review.
There are also anti-spam measures to prevent automated spambots from submitting harmful reviews.
- Anti-spam measures to prevent spambots,
- WP Mutisite and multiuser compatibility,
- Reviews are displayed with schema microformat,
- Completely customizable forms to get reviews,
- Reviews can be shown on specific or multiple pages,
- Fast and lightweight, including star rating image,
4. Google Reviews widget
With over 100k+ active installations, Google reviews widget is one of the popular review plugins in our list. The plugin displays user reviews on your website's sidebar.
The plugin displays Google business reviews on your wordpress site through the public and is approved by Google API without crawling and other unofficial methods. That is the right way to showcase Google reviews.
The plugin combines reviews from different platforms like Google, Facebook, and Yelp reviews from multiple locations between each other in a single feed and merges ratings of the business places.
It allows developers and web admins to create designs using a template engine. You can also add a 'write a review' button on your Wordpress site reviews. It has incredible features, like a powerful collection builder to create a review feed with a live preview.
It offers 5 awesome theme options Slider, Reviews, List, Fixed, and Embedded trust badge. It also allows users to sort reviews by recent, oldest, highest score, lowest score, or random. You can even trim long reviews or 'read more' links to them.
- Multiple widgets and Google places,
- Shows all Google reviews with constant automatic updates through the official Google My Business,
- The plugin combines Google, Facebook, and Yelp reviews from multiple business locations,
- Option to hide low-rated reviews,
- The reviews are rendered in HTML and can be easily indexed by search engines,
- Developers and Webmasters can create their rating templates,
- Options like Words filter, rating filter, and sort reviews.
- Integrate with all major site builders like Elementor, Site origin, and others.
- 24*7 email customer support.
Price: Free review plugin
5.Customer Reviews for WooCommerce
Customer reviews for woo-commerce plugin can work on any Wordpress site without WooCommerce integration. The plugin helps to improve your social proof, so customers are more likely to influence buying the product.
Customer reviews for WooCommerce plugin help you send customers an automated and personalized email reminder, urging them to rate their overall purchase experience and product quality. The customer reviews for WooCommerce also allow the customer to attach pictures and videos along with the review, plus add a question and answer section with Q & A section on product pages.
Customer reviews for WooCommerce plugin help to increase sales, enhance SEO, better engagement and provide lifelong loyalty. Customer reviews for WooCommerce allow users to schedule review invitations and receive reviews from their customers automatically.
Customer reviews for WooCommerce also allow you to moderate reviews and reply to reviews left by your customers. The review forms are mobile-friendly and personalized; it also allows you to customize the review forms.
- Unlimited review invitations,
- Manual and Automatic email scheduling to ask for reviews,
- Customize the review form and make it personalized,
- Add photos and videos to reviews,
- Add custom logos to review forms,
- Automatic geolocation and a mandatory minimum length of reviews,
- Integrate with social platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Google, and links to products,
- Export and import reviews on your website with CSV files,
- Offer discounts in exchange for reviews,
- Dedicated email support.
Price: Free (Pro starts at $ 49.99 + VAT annually).
6. Site reviews
Site review is an easy-to-use review plugin and review management solution to collect customer reviews for your products, services, and website, just like TripAdvisor, Yelp, and Amazon.
Site reviews allow users to review certain parts of your website, like posts, products, and more. It allows the creation of custom review layouts with an intuitive drag-and-drop review builder.
Site reviews allow you to customize reviews' appearance and change color, review images, typography, and more with 20+ field types to customize your forms. Site reviews also allow users to sort reviews with titles, content, positive, negative, highest rated, recent, or more.
The site reviews plugin allows creating and scheduling custom condition emails to ask for reviews and add captions to their reviews.
- Easily create custom reviews with drag-and-drop builder,
- 20+ field types to customize forms,
- Review filter with positive, negative, titles, and more,
- Add images with captions to your reviews,
- Create an automated email scheduler to ask customers,
- Multilingual support and multisite support,
- SPAM protection with 5 layers of protection,
- WooCommerce support.
7. Starfish Reviews
Starfish Reviews is a wordpress review plugin that allows businesses to create reviews on Google, Trustpilot, Facebook, and virtually any online review platform. The wordpress review plugin allows you to easily collect and display high-quality customer reviews.
The plugin is easily set up in the WordPress dashboard and directly linked to Google, Yelp, Facebook, and other third-party review platforms.
It uses a funnel system to sort out positive and negative reviews. Like if the positive review is chosen, multiple options are shown of where to leave the review. But on the other hand, if the negative review is chosen, the feedback is sent to you, and they can be promoted for more information.
The plugin also has the option to automate asking for review submissions by sending a link via email or text and embedding it anywhere. You can choose or allow users to post a negative review. The free version has limited features compared to the pro version.
- Create multiple review funnels for one website or product,
- Includes shortcode and seamlessly integrates into posts or pages,
- Customize your review funnels using page builders like Elementor and Gutenberg Block editor,
- Integrate with email and newsletter plugins like MailChimp and MailPoet,
- Multiple review destinations,
- Multiple review funnels for different campaigns and locations,
- Insert via shortcode into any pages or posts,
- Customize the funnel URL,
- Automate review via email or text.
Price: Free (Pro version at $37 per month).
8. WP Rich Snippets
WP rich snippets plugin is a robust Wordpress review plugin that allows you to publish professional-looking reviews on your wordpress website. It offers unique core features for adding multiple schema types to your site.
The plugin allows you to create custom reviews and has different ways to rate and review your content, including rating, percentage, votes, and aggregate user rating. The key features include its ability to add schema markup to your website, which can help to improve search engine ranking and SEO.
In addition, it enhances the search experience by showing detailed information in search results and gaining more traffic to your website. It also offers a range of options to showcase your product rating and reviews content, including rating, percentage, voters, and user aggregate rating.
The setup is easy, and configures the plugin with ease. The extensive documentation covers all the required information to get started with it, and in case of any help, customer support is available 24*7.
The WP-rich snippets are translated-ready and support all the popular schema markup types to implement in your content.
- Easy setup,
- Extensive documentation and awesome customer support,
- Translation ready,
- Showcase review content and rates in different ways like rating, percentage, votes, and user aggregate rating.
- Integrate with WooCommerce reviews, add images to reviews, and shortcodes.
- Allows to purchase add-ons at an extra cost.
Price: Starts at $69 per year.
9. Schema - All in One Schema Rich Snippets
Schema is not a review plugin but a tool to improve your ranking on search result pages. It helps you make schema markup for your website and show different information on search engine result pages, like events, people, products, recipes, and reviews.
It shows a short summary of your web pages in the search engine result pages and sometimes in the news feed of Facebook in different forms like star ratings, author photos, images, etc.
With the advanced targeting rules, it shows the right type of schema as per the search results. You no longer need to enter the information manually; Schema Pro does it automatically. You don't need to go through those complicated settings anymore; review the product, and Schema Pro shows it all.
In addition, Schema Rich snippets provide useful information to the crawlers, so your site can rank better on search engine pages.
- Improve schema markup,
- Advanced targeting rules with the Pro version,
- Showcase different information like events, images, products, reviews, people, and more on search result pages,
- Limited compatibility with Yoast SEO in the free version,
Price: Free (Pro version starts at $67 annually).
10. WP Ultimate reviews
WP Ultimate review plugin is one of the flexible and powerful wordpress review plugins providing hundreds of functions, action hooks, and filters you can use for more.
The plugin enables customers to write and submit reviews on blog posts, products, and events effortlessly. It provides many customization options, so you can control how the rating system will work and look on the website.
It provides review styles like pie overview, points, percentages, and stars. You can also set a maximum score for the rating of your products, for instance, the number of stars, dropdown selection, or text input limit. In addition, you can also create additional review fields such as value, quality, appearance, and more.
It allows you to add a buy button on the reviews themselves that can help to boost your sales. Further, the plugin allows you to accept and edit customer reviews too.
- Four different types of rating styles,
- Option to review products globally,
- Allows additional custom fields,
- Accept, edit, and manage customer reviews,
- Buy button on reviews,
11 WP Business Reviews
WP Business reviews allow you to display the best reviews on your website from different platforms like Google, Yelp, and Facebook reviews. It compiles the information and allows you to display it anywhere on pages and widgets.
The plugin automatically pulls up new reviews over time from different platforms recently written by your customers.
The plugin allows you full control over searching, styling, sorting, and grouping your reviews directly from the Wordpress dashboard. It allows you to choose three styles: light, dark, or transparent, and multiple display formats like a gallery, carousel, or list.
It also allows you to filter negative reviews, set the minimum rating allowed, and never display positive review options to promote your website. In addition, there are plenty of reviews; you can set how they are laid out in columns.
It is one of the most popular and best wordpress review plugins.
- Filter reviews,
- Tag your best reviews from multiple platforms,
- Three review styles: Light, dark, or transparent.
- Powerful interface to search, style, and sort your reviews,
- Collect reviews from multiple platforms like Facebook, Yelp, Yellow Page, Zomato, and Google reviews.
Taqyeem is another best-selling Wordpress review plugin because of its competitive pricing and numerous features. You can add a review box to every post or blog, including custom post types and the sidebar on your website.
It also has a reliable schema markup implementation, whether your review is a custom post or a page type. The plugin is easy to use and has numerous customization features to bring branding to the point.
The plugin provides three review styles: star, points, and percentage. You can customize the fonts, images, colors, style, and of course, the criteria. It supports 500+ Google web fonts and RTL support.
- Schema SEO Rich Snippet Review Microdata,
- 3 review styles: star, percentage, and points, and the icons can be changed.
- Multiple options for the rating image,
- Numerous customization options like colors, typography, style, images, and many more.
- 500+ Google web fonts.
- Add unlimited review criteria.
- Add a review box to every post, blog, or page.
Which is the best WordPress review plugin?
It can be difficult to keep track of all the available WordPress review plugins and decide which is the best for your needs. Each plugin has strengths and weaknesses, so choosing the right one for your needs is important.
If you're looking for a review plugin, you'll want to consider a few factors. First, what features are you looking for? Do you need something that will allow you to aggregate reviews from multiple sources? Or are you looking for a plugin to help you manage your reviews?
Second, what is your budget? Free plugins are available but may not have all the features you're looking for. Conversely, there are also premium plugins that can be quite expensive.
Third, what is your level of expertise? If you're not a developer, you may want to avoid plugins that require coding or are otherwise complex.
Some plugins are packed with features, while others are more basic. Some features allow you to restrict negative reviews and edit them, while some review plugins allow you to mandate the minimum rating for users. Choosing the plugin that provides all the features you need is crucial.
In addition, if you want to display reviews from multiple platforms like Facebook, Yelp, and Trustpilot and add Google reviews, you need to find a plugin with the same feature. And, of course, you'll want to find a plugin that's easy to use and fits within your budget.
So, which is the best WordPress review plugin?
Never underestimate the power of displaying reviews on your Wordpress website. It is an important part of influencing customer decisions. Not only it helps to build trust among the customers, but it can also help to rank better on search result pages.
You can choose the best wordpress review plugins from the above-compiled list that can display reviews on your Wordpress website. Plenty of review plugins offer different features like collecting reviews from different platforms (Facebook page reviews, Google reviews, business reviews, Yelp, and more), different types of rating systems, add custom reviews, review boxes, and many more.
Displaying reviews using the review plugin on your website is a great marketing tactic, so it's worth finding the best wordpress review plugins that help you. Choose a wordpress plugin that works seamlessly with your site and helps you to gain rank on search result pages.
Discover Other WordPress Plugins to Boost Your Marketing Strategy
Influence. Engage. Convert
Boost your website conversions with social proof and FOMO marketing strategyTry For Free