Online shopping is a new craze. With growing technology and digitization, potential customers look for an easy shopping way.
One of the frustrating things for any eCommerce store owner is when a customer adds products to their cart and leaves it before completing the purchase. Cart abandonment is a common problem for Shopify merchants; luckily, there are different ways to recover lost sales.
According to Baymard Institute, the average cart abandonment rate is approximately 70%, which means only three out of ten customers make the checkout page and complete the purchase.
Isn’t that frustrating? But cart abandonment is average!
Yup, it is! But if the rate is high, you might need to find different ways to recover that lost sales. This article will delve into the best Shopify abandoned cart apps or Shopify cart recovery apps to help you reduce the cart abandonment rate and recover lost sales.
Why do customers abandon their carts on Shopify?
It’s a question that every ecommerce business owner has asked at one point or another: why do customers abandon their shopping carts? The answer isn’t always clear, but there are a few common reasons why this happens.
- Unexpected Costs: Customers might abandon carts because of unexpected or extra costs like high shipping costs. To avoid this, list all the additional fees customers must pay explicitly.
- Complex Checkout Process: A long or complex checkout can dissuade customers from completing their purchases. Make sure the checkout process is smooth.
- Slow Live Support: Almost 83% of online shoppers need some help while shopping. If the live chat support is too slow, customers might abandon the cart and visit your competitors.
- Mandatory Account Registration: Customers seek a fast and easy customer journey. They shop online to avoid unnecessary stress and quickly make a purchase. When you make signing up mandatory, customers will likely leave your store.
- Lack of Payment Options: Selective payment options can increase cart abandonment rates. Consider adding popular payment methods such as credit/debit cards, PayPal, and mobile payment options like Apple Pay or Google Wallet.
- Change of mind: Sometimes, customers change their minds about the purchase or no longer need the product.
Why Should You Use Cart Abandonment Apps on Shopify Store?
Shopify cart abandonment apps can help recover abandoned carts and notify customers who have failed to complete checkout. They can send automated notifications to customers with different incentives to boost sales and increase profit.
The apps can send customers notifications and help save abandoned carts via emails, pop-ups, SMS, Website Chatbots, and push notifications to increase effectiveness.
These apps can also offer incentives, such as discounts or free shipping, to encourage customers to complete their purchases. Using cart abandonment apps can improve your conversion rates and increase your revenue.
Research says abandoned cart reminder emails get at least a 40% open rate, and among the 21% of the shoppers that open emails, half of them complete the checkout process. You can combine various channels to increase effectiveness and reduce cart abandonment rates on your online store.
Best Apps to recover Shopify Abandoned Cart
There are numerous Shopify Abandoned cart apps, but we’ve listed the best ones that are effective and user-friendly. Let’s go-
WiserNotify is a famous social proof and pop-up notification app that can help create FOMO among visitors and generate traffic. It allows you to showcase social proof notifications that help to increase trust and sales.
You can showcase recent activities, YouTube stats, social media followers, reviews, recent sales, conversion count, and live visitors. Showing popup notifications on checkout and cart abandonment pages can help you influence customers.
To target multiple locations, 50+ inbuilt templates can be customized, supporting 30+ languages. Showcasing notifications on the cart and checkout pages can help reduce cart abandonment rates and recover sales.
- 50+ Template designs
- Notification level settings- set the delay between notifications, display time, and skin-seen data.
- Connect seamlessly with 200+ business tools, including email marketing software and other apps,
- Manage notification loop & order
- Advanced reporting, set goals & tracking notification performance
- Show notifications on Feed, popups, and Inline text.
Pricing: Free plan.
Accelerate Shopify Growth with Social Proof
Add notifications that convert visitors into customers.
Another best way to reduce the cart abandonment rate is to use live chat support and chatbots to answer customer queries on your Shopify stores. Tidio helps to tackle cart abandonment right from your Shopify store.
The app uses exit intent technology to send automatic reminders to customers using chatbots. The chatbot appears after the customer abandons their cart, showing multiple store pages. The app offers live chat options that help to solve customer queries and offer them incentives & special deals to influence them to finish their purchases.
The app offers a drag-and-drop editor to customize your chatbots without using a single line of code. The app also supports multi-languages, thus making it easier to reach a wider audience worldwide.
- Live chat to talk with customers and sell proactively,
- Pre-made chatbots to answer customers’ queries and increase sales,
- Manage and solve customers’ queries using smart ticketing,
- Easy installation in 30 seconds with just a click,
- Drag and drop editor to customize chatbots.
Pricing: Free plan
PushOwl is another popular app on the Shopify app store with a 4.9-star rating and 2.5k reviews. It creates push notifications that are highly responsive for desktop and mobile shoppers.
An app is an excellent option to instantly send a quick reminder to customers’ quick cart abandonment. It sends web push notifications to your shoppers without collecting their details and sending notifications on their device screen.
The automated web push notifications help you reduce cart abandonment and turn lost sales into purchases. The cart recovery features send 3 remainders, each crafted differently, and bring customers to complete checkout.
In addition, it comes with an analytics tool that allows you to track your revenue, conversion rate, and other metrics that can help your business grow.
- Track performance with smart and advanced reporting,
- Change internal time intervals to maximize reach,
- Customize your copies to influence customers,
- Automated reminder notification generator based on the product left in the cart,
- Powered with detailed insight analytics,
- Send a sequence of 3 remainders, each crafted differently.
Pricing: Free plan
4. Campaign Monitor
Campaign Monitor is a Shopify abandoned cart recovery app that uses email marketing to recover carts. It uses customer data to create segments for more targeted campaigns.
The tools come with dozens of mobile-ready templates and an intuitive email builder,
so you can easily create email campaigns. To maximize your revenue, you can send abandoned cart emails, a welcome series, receipts, and other automated emails.
In addition, you can customize email templates and optimize them as per your brand, collect product reviews, and ready-to-go popups to capture new subscribers. You can personalize your emails with custom properties and make your email count.
The app seamlessly integrates with Shopify and syncs all your customers to dynamically build up customer profiles and segment them to send emails.
- Set pop-up forms to generate leads and grow email subscribers,
- Customize email templates to provide a personalized touch,
- Mobile-ready templates and email builder to create highly convertible email campaigns,
- Build trust and reputation by collecting customer reviews,
- Automate customer segmentation and reduce cart abandonment.
Price: The plan starts at $9 per month.
SMSBump helps you drive more sales and send abandoned cart messages with powerful email marketing campaigns and automation for your online store. You can send campaigns that convert with advanced personalization features, A/B testing, and a built-in event calendar with highly convertible templates.
With fully customizable tools, you can engage with your audience on their favorite channels and turn them into loyal customers. You can use various tools such as QR codes, sign-up pages, and many more to collect subscribers.
You also get real-time analytics to snapshot your performance and define winning strategies. Automate your email and SMS marketing campaigns and send texts to International clients. It also seamlessly integrates with leading apps to enhance customer experience and enhance customer data.
You can send personalized campaign messages, do A/B testing, and use a built-in event calendar for top-performing SMS templates.
- Craft personalized messages to collect subscribers,
- Easy A/B testing to test your templates,
- Automate SMS abandoned cart remainders,
- Customize campaign time,
- In-app SMS chat to interact with shoppers in real time,
- Multi-channel subscriber collection using QR codes, Sign-up pages, and more,
- Track and Optimize your email and SMS marketing,
- 24/7 Customer support,
- Integrate with leading apps, platforms, and software.
Privy can help you build a customer list and increase conversion rates using popups, emails, and SMS. You can automate abandoned cart emails and recover more sales using Privy.
Privy reminds customers by emailing them after 1 hour that they left items in the cart and adding a link to complete their order. If the customer misses the first email, it sends the following email with a limited-time coupon code and discount code to influence them to abandon checkout after 24 hours.
The last email is sent after 48 hours again, with the remainder of their coupon code going to expire soon, and that creates urgency and helps abandoned cart recovery. In addition, you can create professional-looking newsletters and promotions with a drag-and-drop editor.
- Easy drag-and-drop editor to design personalized newsletters and emails,
- Dozens of popup display options to grow email and SMS marketing lists,
- Email and SMS automation that works around the clock,
- Expert onboarding, support, and 1:1 coaching,
- Send the remainder of emails of abandoned checkouts after 1 hour, 24 hours, and 48 hours to create urgency among the customers.
Recart is a cart abandonment Shopify app that helps to recover Shopify abandoned carts using Facebook Messenger. It offers numerous automated messenger campaigns to send the remainder through social media platforms and divert them towards the checkout page.
In addition, you can build a list of SMS and email subscribers with custom popups, two-tap capture, and offsite opt-ins like keywords and links. Further, you can turn on abandoned automated flows to improve conversion rates and regain lost customers.
Along with the setup, you get a dedicated SMS expert backed by professionals with no extra costs and optimizing it all for you. You can set different triggers, like when a purchase is abandoned, sending personalized SMS, and sending incentive drive SMS with discount codes.
You can also add images, videos, GIFs, and text messages to influence lost customers.
- Seamless integration with Facebook Messenger,
- Dedicated SMS expert to grow your business,
- Campaign templates: promotions, events, and holidays for weekly and daily texts,
- Real-time analytics and dashboard to test, measure, and optimize,
- Optimized Desktop and Mobile popups,
- Add visuals and GIFs to influence customers and collect lost revenue.
Pricing: Free plan for 21 days.
OmniSeed is one of the trusted Shopify cart recovery apps that uses emails to your Shopify users reminding them about their abandoned cart. 80k+ online stores trust it to boost sales and save abandoned carts with email and SMS marketing. It sends reminders about abandoned carts to your customers.
It allows you to create custom popups to help you grow the list of email subscribers. It also offers customer segmentation functionality to divide shoppers into groups based on their interests and purchases.
It has an in-built drag-and-drop email builder to customize email & newsletter templates and make them more personalized. Add your subject line and text message, include coupon codes, and send cart reminders per your brand style. You can also create highly targeted landing pages to direct traffic and potential customers to your eCommerce site.
You can promote new product arrivals, announce in-store promotions, run special events or campaigns, collect emails in exchange for discount codes, offer free shipping, and many more. It has a library of ready-made responsive and eye-catching templates, like promotional forms, exit-intent pop-ups, back-in-stock notifications, and holiday-themed templates.
- Send email marketing, newsletters, and SMS campaigns to your customers,
- Grow email subscribers with popup notifications, sign-up forms, and spin-to-win,
- 20+ pre-built marketing automation to send personalized messages,
- Promote special events and new product arrivals, offer zero shipping costs, discount codes, and more using highly-targeted landing pages,
- 24/7 Live Support,
- Mobile-responsive and ready-to-use templates.
Pricing: Free to install
9. Recapture Abandoned Carts
Recapture abandoned carts helps you to recover abandoned carts and retain customers for your online store. It uses SMS and email marketing for your Shopify store and other eCommerce marketing platforms. It sends abandoned cart recovery emails to remind about the abandoned shopping carts.
It has pre-created templates to add triggers to your email campaigns. Besides, shop growth and revenue are guaranteed with advanced features. It shows precise analytics like segmented campaigns with specific products or customers and recovered lost sales and customers.
It has an easy-to-fast setup, takes only 5 minutes to install, and the email editor is easy to start. It supports popups to increase email capture, post-purchase campaigns, and winbacks to boost lifetime value.
- Boost the average shop revenue,
- Send abandoned cart reminders and notify them via Email and SMS,
- Easy 5-minute setup and installation to dash,
Post-purchase emails, wingbacks, and order notification supports,
- Send promotional emails or SMS for Shopify abandoned cart recovery,
- Use popups to promote abandoned checkout and abandoned cart recovery.
Pricing: Free 15 Days Trial
10. LiveRecover SMS Cart Recovery
Live Recover SMS Cart Recovery helps to boost your recovery rate by 40% and return on investment by 20x on average. The abandoned checkouts are not targeted by existing SMS marketing. Still, LiveRecover gives you help with the live agents that empower your SMS, giving it a personalized touch and improving the abandoned cart rate.
It seamlessly integrates with eCommerce stores on different platforms, shopping carts, and software to send customer reminders and order information automatically. It allows you to create and launch custom workflows to target segmented customers depending on specific product and cart information.
The live agents act as brand ambassadors in customer conversation and improve customer experience. The advanced reporting system provides conversion insights, reports, and product-specific performance and orders.
- Live agents have real-time SMS conversations with customers,
- Unique one-time discount code generator for each customer,
- Access in-depth insights and performance metrics,
- Configure and launch custom workflows by abandoned carts.
11. Abandon Aid by Coolence
Abandon Aid helps to prevent cart abandonment by recovering abandoned carts. The installation is easy and simple without using any codes or complicated configurations.
It helps send instant notifications to customers for abandoned carts with in-depth order sorting and searching. In addition, you get real-time order analytics and start recovering abandoned orders immediately.
The app sends abandoned cart emails to your customers to remind them of their purchase and request them to browse abandoned carts and finish the purchase.
- Email customers to notify them about the abandoned cart,
- Set a campaign to recover orders,
- Provide users with recovery statistics,
- Easy and straightforward to set up.
Pricing: The plan starts at $10 per month.
Carti is a Shopify abandoned cart app that allows multichannel abandon cart campaigns to run using email, SMS, and push notifications. It helps to generate more revenue and recover carts using various types of notifications, growth tools, and analytics.
You can monitor and control the sales flow, ensuring customers are not spammed with multiple cart abandonment notifications. You can monitor a better sales experience using SMS, email, and push notifications on one platform.
Send personalized messages and edit pre-built high-converting designs with 3 automated email campaigns. In addition, push notifications appear before they abandon the cart, and instant push notifications are sent to subscribers for special events and promotions.
- Notify customers about the abandoned cart via email, SMS, and push notifications,
- Use push reminders and re-engage with shoppers using browse abandonment,
- Send Viber cart recovery reminder with a powerful checkout boost,
- Easy to set up and install within minutes.
Which is the best Shopify Abandoned Cart App?
Several Shopify abandoned cart apps are available, each with unique features and benefits.
If you’re an online store owner, you know how frustrating it can be to lose potential sales due to abandoned carts. Fortunately, Shopify offers a range of abandoned cart apps to help you recover lost revenue and increase conversions. Here are a few things to keep in mind when choosing an app:
- Look for an app that integrates seamlessly with your Shopify store and offers easy installation and setup.
- Consider the features offered by each app, such as email and SMS notifications, customizable templates, and the ability to track abandoned carts.
- Check each app’s pricing and payment options and any additional fees or charges that may apply.
- Read reviews and ratings from other users to understand the app’s performance and reliability.
We have listed the best-abandoned cart apps for your Shopify store that can help decrease the abandoned cart rate and improve sales.
With the right abandoned cart app, you can recover lost sales and increase your business’s revenue. It can help you to automate sending notifications via emails, SMS, or push notifications reminding clients about the items left in the cart and also offer incentives to complete the purchase.
There are a lot of great Shopify abandoned cart apps available, but the 12 best ones for 2023 are highlighted in this article. With the right abandoned cart app, you can recover lost sales and grow your business more effectively.