Whether you want to learn to play the drums or upgrade your graphic designing skills, online courses have become essential for advancing your career and life. In addition, online courses allow coaches to reach more clients, all while sitting at home.
If you’re a coach, trainer, or institute, it’s crucial to create online courses that fit your budget and save time for you. Whether you’re looking for a free WordPress LMS plugin or a premium one, we have covered them all.
What is the WordPress LMS Plugin?
The WordPress Learning Management System Plugin is a powerful tool for creating online courses from the WordPress platform. It lets you create your own LMS quickly and easily without programming knowledge.
These plugins also have the features to document, track, notify, and report to students as they progress through your courses. You can add structured elements such as quizzes, assignments, grades, tests, etc., or deliver multimedia lessons to your subscribers.
Let’s roll our sleeves and look…
The Best LMS Plugins for WordPress to Create and Sell Online Courses-
MemberPress is one of the membership plugins with advanced built-in features to create, sell, and manage all your courses. You can easily create multiple membership levels and design special online classrooms.
Creating an online course with easy drag and drop options and a visual course builder is simple with MemberPress.
- Memberships: Create different membership options on a monthly subscription or yearly plans.
- Access rules: Control access of what subscribers can see based on their membership details.
- Coupons: Generate coupons and giveaways to attract new customers or subscribers.
- Content dripping: Release the course at your pace instead of all at once.
Prices: $179 per year
2. Learn Press
Learn Press is one of the simplest and cleanest WordPress LMS plugins. It allows you to set up the plugin independently without any setup wizards.
Course creation is easy with the help of a user-friendly interface, and courses can be exported or imported from any other website that uses LearnPress. This free WordPress LMS plugin is lightweight and faster and comes with free & paid add-ons to extend the features.
- It can be integrated with bbPress, WooCommerce, and WordPress membership plugins.
- It has an extensive collection of payment gateways, including 2Checkout and many more.
- Content Dripping is provided and a WooCommerce add-on.
- It provides multiple instructor options.
3. Lifter LMS
Lifter LMS is another WordPress premium plugin packed with tons of features. The setup is easy and allows you to create membership and training-based membership websites.
The built-in drag and drop builder allows you to create engaging experiences for your students. The plugin allows the creation of short courses or fully-fledged programs with multi-tier courses.
- It boosts engagement with powerful features like automated emails and gamification with badges and certificates after completion.
- It has multiple integrating functions like PayPal, MailChimp, Stripe, etc.
- It can be integrated directly with WooCommerce to increase your sales.
- It offers multiple options for different media, drip content, and quizzes.
Prices: $120* per year
WP Courseware is the best WordPress LMS plugin with a drag-and-drop builder to create your online course easily. The plugin best creates short and large courses with many advanced features.
Instructor profiles, student grade books, custom emails, and advanced automation tools help to improve students’ engagement and experience. The powerful monetization feature and the built-in shopping cart option improve your online sales.
- The member portal option allows students to engage with other active users.
- It can be integrated with OptimizePress, BuddyPress, Visual Composer, and WooCommerce.
- The advanced quiz options have multiple question types, tags, and optional question banks.
- It can publish unlimited courses, modules, and lessons in multimedia format.
Prices: $129* per year/ 2-sites
Master Study is a freemium WordPress LMS plugin that helps you create a Udemy-like marketplace and feature courses from third-party instructors. The plugin helps to create a great online course with videos, graphs, slides, and pretty much everything to make it engaging.
The plugin adds additional features, 24/7 support, extra features, and ready-to-use demos with the premium version. One unique feature is enabling gamification in your online courses with the characteristics of game elements.
- Message board to create a social platform-like environment.
- There is a built-in course rating and review feature.
- You can easily set up recurring payments and one-time purchases with PayPal, WooCommerce, and Stripe integration.
- Quiz builders with features like countdown timers, retakes, and many more.
- It can also be integrated with Zoom, Google Classroom, and Udemy.
Prices: $54.99 per year.
Sensei is a powerful free wordpress LMS plugin that transforms your wordpress website into an online learning platform. Its flexible and easy setup makes it one of the best LMS plugins.
It is not a membership-featured plugin, but it can create and publish online courses with the flexibility to add or remove any. It allows getting detailed analytics, and students can share certificates on social media platforms to promote your course.
- Create free and paid courses;
- Integrates with WooCommerce;
- Easy social share of student certificates;
- Quiz grading can be done manually or automatically;
- Multiple types of content are supported.
Prices: Free & Premium with $129/year.
7. Learn Dash
Learn Dash is a popular WordPress LMS plugin with deep functionality, making it an excellent option for creating online courses. These potent tools turn WordPress into the best LMS plugin for WordPress.
It allows users to visualize the layout as you create the course and visualize it in real time before making it live. The video progression tool allows users to embed videos into their courses easily.
- Detailed functionality to create and monetize courses.
- Users can automate functions through third-party apps and Zappier.
- The program is localized for different languages, allowing more diverse groups of people.
- It has automated email notifications and detailed reporting.
Prices: $159 per year
8. ProProfs LMS
ProProfs is an easy-to-use cloud-based WordPress LMS plugin that offers excellent functionality. The plugin has powerful features, premium features, ready-to-use training courses, and AI-powered reporting.
The add-ons help you quickly add or remove courses and assign them to learners automatically. It provides insightful reports and secured payment gateways.
- Cloud-based LMS;
- eLearning authoring tool;
- Easy access to development and performance tracking;
- Compatible with multiple platforms;
- Quiz statistics with detailed reports.
Prices: $1 per learner per month
Which LMS Plugin is Best for You?
Choosing the most appropriate WordPress LMS plugin can be a challenge. Most of them are feature-rich and have similar functionality, but you must consider your requirements before choosing which will work for you.
You can compare parameters like the number of students, type of course, cloud-based or self-hosted WordPress, the number of courses, and many more before choosing the right one. There are free WordPress LMS plugins and premium ones that fit your parameters.