How to Add Countdown Timer on Your Website?
Countdown timers are a crucial element in the marketing strategy of any online business that wants to drive sales and increase conversions. By adding a sense of urgency to the purchasing process, countdown timers can motivate customers to take action before the time runs out, leading to increased sales.
There are many benefits of countdown timers like-
- It increases sales
- It engages and motivates customers to take buy actions
- It creates a sense of urgency
- It triggers FOMO
Moreover, they help to create a dynamic and interactive experience, increasing customer engagement and motivation. The use of countdown timers can drive interest in limited time promotions or product launches, and can also help to trigger the fear of missing out (FOMO).
There are several ways to create a countdown timer for your website or online store. Custom coding is one option, but it requires a certain level of technical expertise and may not be feasible for everyone.
Another option is to use a pre-made widget, which is a more accessible solution for those who don't have the technical skills to create a countdown timer from scratch.
Another option for creating a countdown timer is to use a website builder or eCommerce platform. Many popular website builders and eCommerce platforms offer built-in countdown timer tools, which are simple to use and can be customized to match your brand.
These tools are a good choice for those who don't have the technical skills to create a countdown timer from scratch but still want to add one to their website.
You can now create Countdown timers on your website without writing a single line of code Let's see how you can create a countdown timer widget for your website without writing a code.
How to Create Countdown Timer Widget for your website?
1. Go to WiserNotify App and Create an account.
2. Once you log in, install the pixel on your website.
3. Now, click on the “Add Notification” button.
4. You will have different types of social proof notifications and widgets here. Click on Widgets and go to the “Call To Action”. Here you’ll see two variants of countdown timer widgets.
You can choose any one of these. Just click on “Select Designs”
You’ll see a pop-up asking name and URL. Enter a name that is easy to remember, and enter the URL where you want to display the countdown timer widget. You can enter multiple website URLs here. Once you fill in this information, click on “Create & Customize”.
5. You’ll be redirected to the customization page. Here we’ve two sections- Design, & Display.
6. In the design section, you can change the look and feels of the widget.
- See Preview on mobile and desktop screen
- Edit text, Change Icon, position, animation, shapes, borders, etc.
- Set Countdown timer.
- Add a CTA label and make your widget clickable under the “Click” Option.
- Skip Seen widgets
- Display widgets in the loop with other social proof notifications.
- Apply Behavioral rule- Set start and expiry date for widgets or specific days of the weeks
- Set exit intent, scroll-based intent, or time-based intent
- Set hide rules and countdown timer
Under Set countdown timer, you’ll have two options.- Fixed Countdown timer & Evergreen countdown timer.
You must have a question like when I should use these options, what are the use cases?
Let's say that you’re running some limited-time discount offer which will end on a specific date. Then what you can do is enter the expiring date and time and the countdown will be displayed to visitors until the offer ends.
Now lets say you want to create urgency by showing timer to every new visitor, in this case what you can do is enable the evergreen countdown and set the days, hours, minutes, and seconds.
With evergreen countdown, you can use scarcity and personalize countdown timer for every visitor to increase your sales.
You can also remove the design from the widget by enabling the “Embed into your HTML” option.
You can remove the design and show only text by using this option.
7. Once you’ve customized the design section, save it and move to the next option.
8. The next section is the display section; here, you can set display rules.
- Choose specific pages you want to display widgets
- Add multiple website URLs
- Choose whether you want to display widgets to new or returning visitors.
- Target audience using UTM source, referrer site, and cookies name
9. Once you have customized both these options, click on “Finish.”
And turn the widget ON
That’s it. The Countdown timer widget will be live on your website. You can check it on your website
So that’s how you can create a Countdown timer widget on your website and increase your sales.
Related: 50+ real examples of social proof
We have also created one video on how you can create Countdown timer widget, you can watch it here.