Countdown timers are a great way to create urgency and get your customers to buy.
Countdown timers are most often used in eCommerce stores to show how much time is left before the sale is over. They can be set up so that they count down from the moment of purchase or the moment you click on them.
Some companies use countdown timers in their marketing campaigns as well. For example, they use them in their ads to create urgency and get people to buy now instead of waiting for a sale that might never happen.
There are many benefits of countdown timers like-
- It increases sales
- It engages and motivates customers to take buy actions
- It creates a sense of urgency
- It triggers FOMO
You can now create Countdown timers on your website without writing a single line of code Let's see how you can create a countdown timer widget for your website without writing a code.
How to Create Countdown Timer Widget for your website?
2. Once you log in, install the pixel on your website. You can find your pixel code here.
3. Now, click on the “Add Notification” button.
You can choose any one of these. Just click on “Select Designs”
You’ll see a pop-up asking name and URL. Enter a name that is easy to remember, and enter the URL where you want to display the countdown timer widget. You can enter multiple website URLs here. Once you fill in this information, click on “Create & Customize”.
5. You’ll be redirected to the customization page. Here we’ve two sections- Design, & Display.
6. In the design section, you can change the look and feels of the widget.
- See Preview on mobile and desktop screen
- Edit text, Change Icon, position, animation, shapes, borders, etc.
- Set Countdown timer.
- Add a CTA label and make your widget clickable under the “Click” Option.
- Skip Seen widgets
- Display widgets in the loop with other notifications
- Apply Behavioral rule- Set start and expiry date for widgets or specific days of the weeks
- Set exit intent, scroll-based intent, or time-based intent
- Set hide rules and countdown timer
Under Set countdown timer, you’ll have two options.- Fixed Countdown timer & Evergreen countdown timer.
You must have a question like when I should use these options, what are the use cases?
Let's say that you’re running some limited-time discount offer which will end on a specific date. Then what you can do is enter the expiring date and time and the countdown will be displayed to visitors until the offer ends.
Now lets say you want to create urgency by showing timer to every new visitor, in this case what you can do is enable the evergreen countdown and set the days, hours, minutes, and seconds.
With evergreen countdown, you can use scarcity and personalize countdown timer for every visitor to increase your sales.
You can also remove the design from the widget by enabling the “Embed into your HTML” option.
You can remove the design and show only text by using this option.
7. Once you’ve customized the design section, save it and move to the next option by clicking the continue button.
8. The next section is the display section; here, you can set display rules.
- Choose specific pages you want to display widgets
- Add multiple website URLs
- Choose whether you want to display widgets to new or returning visitors.
- Target audience using UTM source, referrer site, and cookies name
9. Once you have customized both these options, click on “Finish.”
And turn the widget ON
That’s it. The Countdown timer widget will be live on your website. You can check it on your website
So that’s how you can create a Countdown timer widget on your website and increase your sales.
We have also created one video on how you can create Countdown timer widget, you can watch it here.
INFLUENCE. ENGAGE. CONVERT
- Turn actions into social proof & improve
- the conversion rates upto 18%