Have you heard the saying, “it’s not what you sell, but how you sell it”? That’s especially true when it comes to running an online store. Your Shopify store has the potential to make a lot of money, but only if you can get your visitors to convert into customers.
Here are some actionable tips to help increase your Shopify conversion rate and maximize sales.
What Is a Conversion Rate?
Conversion rate is defined as the percentage of website visitors who complete the desired action, such as making a purchase or signing up for a newsletter.
A high conversion rate means that more people are taking the desired action and therefore increasing your sales. It’s important to understand what affects your conversion rate – but why?
Why is Conversion Rate Optimization Important?
A great example of why conversion rate optimization is essential comes from the fact that even a small increase in your conversion rate can have a significant impact on your bottom line.
For example, if you were to increase your Shopify store’s conversion rate by just 1%, it could result in an extra $1,000 or more in revenue each month (depending on the traffic your store receives). Other benefits and advantages of conversion rate optimization include, but are not limited to:
- Increased customer loyalty. When customers have a good experience on your website, it creates a positive association with your brand, leading to more returning customers and increased loyalty over time.
- Increased ROI. By making small improvements to your website, you can increase the return on investment of any marketing campaigns that are driving traffic to your store. This means that each dollar spent will be more likely to convert into sales.
- Improved customer service. If you understand what makes customers leave without buying anything, you can identify areas where customer service could use improvement.
How to Increase The Conversion Rate of Your Shopify Store
Now that you know why conversion rate optimization is important, let’s look at how you can increase the conversion rate of your Shopify store.
1. CRO Is a Process
This means that it will take time to see results, but the rewards are well worth the effort. As with any marketing strategy, you should start by setting goals and objectives for your Shopify store. It’s not about trends, and it’s not about luck.
It’s about data-driven decisions that help you understand your customers better.
You might’ve watched videos on Youtube telling you that you can increase your conversion rate by just doing one thing. This is not true; it’s a process that involves multiple steps and strategies. Here’s a quick step-by-step guide to getting you started.
- Identify your key performance indicators (KPIs): These are the metrics that determine how well your store is performing. Examples of KPIs include average order value, cart abandonment rate, and customer lifetime value.
- Analyze customer behavior: Understanding why customers leave without making a purchase can help you identify potential issues with your website or checkout process.
- Create customer personas: Customer personas help you to better understand the needs and expectations of different types of customers. This will help you tailor your website design and messaging to meet those needs.
- A/B testing: A/B testing is a great way to test out different versions of your website design or copy in order to determine which version converts better.
2. Segmentation and Personalization
Segmentation is a powerful tool for increasing your conversion rate because it allows you to target specific customer segments with customized content and offers.
For example, if you know that customers who buy from the women’s section of your store are more likely to convert than those in the men’s section, then you can create a special offer just for them.
Personalization is another great way to increase conversions by making sure that each visitor has a unique experience on your website. This could include personalized product recommendations or targeted messages based on previous purchases or browsing behavior.
3. Human-to-Human Interaction
One of the most powerful ways to increase conversions is by adding a human element to your website. This could be in the form of live chat, customer service reps answering questions on social media, or even personal emails sent out after an order is placed.
Adding a human touch will help customers feel more connected and valued, which can lead to increased loyalty and conversions over time.
Also, social proof from customers can be helpful in increasing conversion rates. It’s important to understand that customers are more likely to purchase from you if they see other people who have already had a good experience with your store.
You can use tools such as WiserNotify to collect reviews from customers and display them on your website to create more trust and confidence in your store.
4. Email Marketing
Email marketing is a great way to reach out to potential customers and stay in touch with existing ones. You can use email campaigns to promote new products, offer discounts or promotions, provide helpful tips and advice, and more.
By segmenting your lists based on customer behavior and interests, you can create highly targeted emails that are more likely to convert into sales. You should also focus on creating an engaging subject line, as this will be the first thing people see when they open your email.
To quickly and efficiently send emails to your customers, you can use email automation tools designed specifically for Shopify store owners. This will help you save time and money while also allowing you to reach a larger audience.
5. Enriched Customer Experience
Peep Laja, a CRO expert, said, “Think about customer experience”, not just conversion optimization”. Understand that customers are looking for an immersive, engaging experience when they visit your store.
To do this, you should focus on creating a website design that is attractive and user-friendly. This includes making sure that all of your content is easy to find and navigate, as well as having a checkout process that is fast and secure.
Providing helpful resources such as FAQs or product comparison guides can help create more trust in your brand, which leads to higher conversions over time. And if you need help to adequately optimize your Shopify store, you can always hire an expert to help build and manage your store.
It doesn’t matter that you can generate hundreds of thousands of leads if you are not able to convert them into customers. The goal of conversion rate optimization is to increase the percentage of visitors who take the desired action on your website, such as making a purchase or signing up for a newsletter.
Focus on customer segmentation and personalization, adding human-to-human interaction, using email marketing campaigns,
and creating an enriched customer experience.
And it doesn’t need to be difficult. There are tools such as Shopify apps by Amai that you can use to help you optimize your store. By following these tips, you can increase the conversion rate of your Shopify store and maximize sales.