Increasing SaaS sign-ups is crucial for every Software as a Service company. Most companies spend a large amount of money on acquiring new sign-ups. Nobody wants to do a lot of work and get no result. So, to get a good result, we need to follow specific steps in the correct order. The blog will help you increase your SaaS website sign-ups.
- Understand your target audience
- Differentiate yourself from your competitors
- Give value to your audience at no cost
- Start with a free plan
- Drive traffic to your website
- Make sure your website has a good user experience
- Social Proof is more vital to increase Your SaaS Website Sign-Ups
- Simplify the sign-up process and reduce the number of steps
- Offering Anonymous Access
- Use social media to drive SaaS website sign-ups
On average, SaaS businesses have less than 30% conversion rates for acquiring new website visitors who sign up and pay for the product or service. To improve your SaaS website sign-ups, you’ll want to follow these steps to increase your SaaS website sign-ups. With these strategies in place, you’ll see your conversion rates drastically increase in no time!
1. Understand your target audience
Before you even think about increasing your sign-ups, you need to understand your target audience.
- Are they tech-savvy?
- Do they have experience using SaaS platforms?
- What do they like most about your competitors’ websites?
- Are they concerned with price or functionality?
These are just a few of the many questions you need to ask and answer. The more answers you have, the easier it will be for you to increase your SaaS website sign-ups.
2. Differentiate yourself from your competitors
First and foremost, you have to be different in some way. It doesn’t need to be wildly unique, but you have to do something other than your competition.
There is a reason for so many different SaaS tools out there, and it’s not that people can’t choose from all of them – it’s that they can!
If all you are offering is slightly better CRM software or time tracking tool, then what makes you think anyone will pick your product over another?
- You need to offer something of value that customers didn’t know they needed before. That might mean offering more features at a lower price point or being more straightforward to use than anything else on the market.
3. Give value to your audience at no cost.
Of course, if you want to increase your SaaS website sign-ups, one way is to give value to your audience at no cost. Create a valuable resource for them and provide it for free.
You’ll build a relationship with them and show that you care about their success in increasing their SaaS website sign-ups as well.
They’ll be more likely to support you by signing up for your product or service when you eventually do launch it.
4. Start with a free plan.
While many first-time SaaS website sign-ups are happy with a free plan, you’ll likely see better results if you upsell to more expensive paid plans.
Increase your chances of success by keeping your free offering extremely basic and by limiting its duration.
For example –
You might let people use your service for free for only 30 days before asking them to convert. This approach gives users enough time to get acquainted with your product but also ensures that they don’t get too comfortable with it.
The next step is crucial: You need to provide an easy way for users to upgrade their accounts to continue using your product after their trial expires. If you want to increase your SaaS website sign-ups, make sure it’s simple for new customers to transition from a free account into a paid one.
5. Drive traffic to your website
Increased website sign-ups don’t come easy in a world full of web apps. If you want more people to sign up for your service, you’ll need lots of traffic.
You need website visitors. And there are three ways to get them.
- The first is via organic search: A person types in your product or service name into Google and sees your ad., Or they visit your site through Google’s organic listings (the main search results).
- The second way is by using social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and others. These days these sites can drive huge amounts of traffic to your site if you know how to use them properly.
- The third way is through paid advertising on services such as Facebook Ads, AdWords (Google), Bing Ads, and others. This can be an expensive route, but if done right, it can be very effective at driving qualified leads directly to your site, which means higher conversion rates than other methods.
6. Make sure your website has a good user experience.
If your website has a good user experience, visitors will be more likely to sign up.
- Include an FAQ section and any videos that demonstrate how easy it is to use your product.
Visitors should be able to figure out how your product works without contacting customer service.
Also, consider implementing Google Analytics or Mixpanel on your website so you can track how users are navigating and interacting with it in real-time.
The more you know about who is visiting, what they’re looking at, and what they want when they visit your site, the better chance you have of increasing subscriptions down the line.
7. Social Proof is more vital to increase Your SaaS Website Sign-Ups
Social proof is a powerful way to increase your sign-ups because it’s an indication that other people believe in you enough to participate in your business venture.
WiserNotify is one of the best Social proofs to increase Your SaaS Website Sign-Up.
By showing notifications like,
- Pop-ups real reviews
- Number of Sign-ups
- Sales pop-ups
- Features with exciting Announcements
- Shows the Free Trial activities
- Social Media Counters
The easiest way to add social proof with WiserNotify is with case studies, which are testimonials from customers who are willing and able (and excited!) to share their experiences.
Case studies can be text or video-based, but regardless of format should be as honest and transparent as possible after all, no one wants fake reviews.
Other examples of social proof include:
- Reviews from websites.
- Customer numbers (such as how many total users you have).
- Awards for excellence in your industry.
These pieces help potential customers understand that others have seen value in what you do, making them more likely to convert.
Related: 50+ real examples of social proof
8. Simplify the sign-up process and reduce the number of steps
Increasing your number of sign-ups is an ongoing process. If you’re trying
to increase your SaaS website sign-ups, you mustn’t rely on a single method or technique.
Marketing your product through social media channels is effective because users trust their friends and family.
However, if you want to take things further than just posting on social media, try simplifying your sign-up process. Eliminating steps from any part of your conversion funnel will also increase conversions across all aspects of it.
If someone visits your site but doesn’t convert right away (for whatever reason), they might come back later when they have more time or are ready to buy.
By removing unnecessary steps from any part of the conversion funnel and making sure each step has clear instructions, you can increase your SaaS website sign-ups or increase conversion rates for all aspects of it.
9. Offering Anonymous Access
Your potential consumers will be able to get a taste of the benefits you’ll be providing them without having to register. Keep their access functionally constrained but not restricted, and they’ll be more inclined to establish an account the next time they visit your site.
Depending on what you’re offering, you might be able to entice more people to sign up with an anonymous access option. When interested users can try out your product or service without providing an email address, chances are higher that they will actually use it. While not all companies need anonymous access options, if yours do
10. Use social media to drive SaaS website sign-ups
You’re probably wondering how you can use social media to increase your SaaS website sign-ups, especially when you already have an established brand.
Posting on social media increases awareness of your product and allows people interested in what you have to offer a chance to find you.
By simply posting about your product and including a link, you can increase your SaaS website sign-ups without much effort.
Social media doesn’t need to be a different outreach strategy. It should be part of your current strategies. But, how do you maximize its impact?
An effective way for increasing your SaaS website sign-ups:
Use social media advertising and promote landing pages that align with each ad campaign; Twitter and Facebook can help direct visitors straight into your marketing funnel, ensuring they follow through on whatever steps they take next.
The primary goal is to lower the amount of fiction to increase your SaaS website sign-ups. The interaction between your SaaS business and potential clients is the sign-up form. By incorporating ways to use social proof to increase conversions in the funnel, you can improve the sign-up experience and increase conversions. More consumers, business agreements, and a successful online presence result from higher modifications through the free trial sign-up form.