Many coaches are transitioning to online business coaching, not just because of pandemics but because of technological advancement.
From creating the content to finding the time for marketing and building relationships with clients, there is always something that needs to be done. Online coaches and consultants must find a way to balance it all while keeping their sanity. Having the right coach can help you navigate these challenges effectively.
We know being a coach or consultant is not accessible. It comes with its own set of challenges and can quickly become overwhelming. We put together this list of challenges online coaches and consultants face and how they overcome them to give you tips on creating an effective business model for yourself as an online business coach or consultant.
What are the key Challenges Business Coaches and Consultants face?
In this piece of content, we’ve selected some significant challenges faced by business coaches and consultants:
- Struggling to Find Clients
- Building a Business Strategy
- Booking and Scheduling
- Adapting to New Technology
- Not Investing in Yourself
So, read on and sort out some major ones.
1. Struggle to Find Clients
Clients work as oxygen for business coaches and consultants.
It can be overwhelming to get more clients, especially when you just started your coaching business. You want to work with the clients that you’re best equipped to help or the ones that can benefit from your coaching.
You probably have asked yourself, “What can I do to attract the right clients online and grow my business?” People looking for your service aren’t going to knock at your door unless you attract them with your excellent online presence.
This means spending more time marketing yourself at an extraordinary level, but you also need to serve your clients. You need to take some time out of your busy schedule and think about addressing your advertising to achieve sustainable growth.
Another way is to create exciting content to achieve two primary goals: revenue and impact. For example, making small videos talking about solving your client’s problems and content reflects the interest of your ideal audience or person.
Also Read: Ways to Get Your First Client as a Coach
2. Building a Business Strategy
Another thing to consider before you move to an online coaching business is what strategy you will implement. You need to set a goal and milestones to achieve it. The plan seems simple, but is it?
What should be your first step?
- Mission Statement: You can start with Mission Statement. Keep your mission statement specific but make sure anyone reading it gets a clear understanding of your business.
- Summary: Describe your business in detail. What type of business is it? What niche do you serve? How does it help your clients?
- Products & Services: List out all your products & services, describe them with an offer, dig a little more, and provide your customers with material & pricing.
- Targeted Audience: Defining a buyer persona to attract your specific audience is crucial. Include demographics, trends, age, and many more. Find them where they are, build a community of Facebook groups, Quora, and other platforms.
- Free Materials: To attract customers, providing valuable materials is crucial. It makes customers reach out to you for more such insights. It can be in the form of eBooks, short training videos, and many more.
- Business Goals: List out your goals in 6 months or a year. Measure KPIs to track whether you’re moving in the right direction.
There are many ways that you probably don’t have the resources to tackle them all. Many tools are available to automate your tasks and save time by automating the process. These tools can automatically schedule appointment posts on social platforms and save time on content delivery.
3. Booking and Scheduling Issues
Imagine you’re going through your day and suddenly get a notification that the client just booked a meeting… 10 minutes from now! That can be overwhelming, right?
Scheduling meetings with the clients typically require back-and-forth emails to confirm day and time, notice period before booking a schedule, and many more. You must prepare for the chaotic and time-consuming process of arranging a meeting with a client via email until you find the right scheduling software.
Sometimes booking a time slot is not easy as it seems. There are lots of issues when considering any scheduling software that includes-
- Will software prevent clients from booking appointments 5 minutes or 1 hour from now?
- Will it avoid back-to-back booking with no space in between?
- Will it make sure double booking is not made at on same time?
- Will it notify my clients about appointments remainder?
Indeed, scheduling bookings for your coaching business can be a hassle, but with the proper tool, it can solve most of your issues before they can even arise with the appropriate tool.
Refer this blog for tools:
- 10 Ultimate Marketing Tools For Coaches, Consultants & Course Creators
- Tools you need to automate and streamline Your Coaching Business
4. Adopting New Technologies
Another critical issue relevant to most business coaches is adapting to new technology. You should not fear adapting to new technology!
When working from home has become more prevalent than ever before, it’s the technology that allows business coaches and consultants to keep moving. The coaching industry itself is well suited to the recent changes in many ways.
Business coaches and consultants must integrate new technology into the offer, products, and platforms to enhance clients’ experience and engagement. Adopting new technologies opens a new way to reach the global market.
Adopting new technologies makes you feel more confident if the setup looks good. For example, you use better lighting, software, external microphones, neutral screens, and advanced cameras. Ensuring high-quality video and sound helps you appear more professional in the client’s eyes.
5. Finding the Right Platform to Sale
There are many platforms on the market for the online coaching business, but it’s critical to realize that most technologies are designed for specific pain points within specific coaching models.
Whether you’re looking for a small coaching platform or complete coaching solutions, it helps launch scalable models and programming without compromising client engagement. Some suits better for personal coaching, and others for group coaching. Some suit solopreneurs who just started, while others might be suited for established coaching businesses.
Deciding the right platform helps you to determine specific technology needs. It might consist of a combination of the following points:
- Administrative tools including contracts, payments, scheduling, etc.
- Remote communication capabilities include SMS, telephonic & video tools, personal or group coaching capabilities, etc.
- Content delivery, including sharing of PDF, images, videos, etc.
- Data collection from any connected devices.
Choose that platform that provides everything needed to kick off successfully and without a single worry.
The benefits of becoming an online business coach or consultant are incredible. You’ll be able to help those in need, build your reputation and brand, and even make money doing something you love.
Small business owners face many challenges that may be hard to overcome. This can make it hard for an online business coach or consultant to succeed in their line of work. To build your successful coaching practice, you need to focus on the most challenging aspects and use this as a learning experience.