Visitors are one of the most important aspects of any website. They are the ones that keep a website alive and well. They are the lifeblood of your site, and without them, there would be no traffic, no advertisement revenue, and ultimately, no business.
The more visitors a site has, the higher it is ranked on search engines like Google and Yahoo! Making sure that your site has a healthy number of visitors is important to building trust within your company as well as with potential customers.
Live visitor count notifications can help build trust in your website by providing you with accurate information about how many visitors are on your site in real time. Live visitor count notifications can act as social proof for your website. Visitors know that if a website has a lot of visitors on it, it must be doing something right.
Live visitor count notifications are a great way to show your visitors that you have a lot of people on your website, which will make them more likely to stay and browse around. The more visitors they see, the more likely they are to stay on the website. When people see that the live visitor count notification is going up and down, they will want to keep checking back because they think that there’s something new happening every time.
It’s important for you to know that there are many different ways for you to use these notifications. One way is by showing them on the homepage of your website. So how can you create live visitor count notifications for your website?
11 Simple Steps to Create Live Visitor Counter for Your Website?
Let’s see the step-by-step process of creating live visitor count notifications and building a unique visitor counter for website.
2. Once you log in, install the pixel on your website. You can find your pixel code here.
3. Now, click on the “Add Notification” button.
In the first variant, you can display live visitor count on your website.
In the second variant, you can display the recently viewed count.
You can choose whichever you want to display. Click on “See Designs” and you’ll see different design templates here. Each one has its unique customization options.
5. Select the design of your choice, and you’ll see a pop-up asking name and URL. Enter a name that is easy to remember, and enter the URL where you want to display notifications. You can enter multiple website URLs here. Once you fill in this information, click on “Create & Customize”.
6. You’ll be redirected to the customization page. Here we’ve three sections- Design, Display & Data-Source
7. In the design section, you can change the look and feels of the notifications.
- Change notification designs
- See Preview on mobile and desktop screen
- Change theme
- Edit text, Icon, position, animation, shapes, borders, etc.
- Add CTA and make your notification clickable under the “Click” Option.
- Choose notification delays and display time under the “Data & Timing” option.
You can also remove the design from notification by enabling the “Embed into your HTML” option.
You can remove the design and show only text by using this option.
8. Once you’ve customized the design section, save it and move to the next option by clicking the continue button.
9. The next section is the display section; here, you can set display rules.
- Choose specific pages you want to display
- Add multiple website URLs
- Choose whether you want to display notifications to new or returning visitors.
- Target audience using UTM source, referrer site, and cookies name
10. After customizing these options, move to the last section- Data-Source.
Here, you have to add the website URL from which you want to fetch the live visitor count
11. Once you complete all these three steps, click on “Finish.”
And turn the notification ON
That’s it. Live Visitor Count notifications will be live on your website. You can now check it on your website.
So that’s how you can create live visitor count notifications on your website and grab customer attention.
Related: 50+ real examples of social proof
We have also created one video on how you can create live visitor count notifications, you can watch it here and create your own HTML visitor counter.